Saturday, February 19, 2011

Two New Paintings

After doing a lot of running around today, I decided to paint at night in order to unwind.  This time I did something a little different.  Instead of using one large piece of canvas paper to do a painting, I cut it in half and did two smaller paintings.  I'm actually quite pleased with how they turned out and will probably paint these onto a canvas.


Title: Boxed In

I started by painting the background for the one above and while that was drying, painted the background for the one below (a light yellow, which is hard to see in the photo).  Both backgrounds were a mix of colors.  The top one being from red and black, though from the video I posted previously, the person recommended using purple for a darker shade.  I like the resulting color though, plus I didn't have purple and have made a mental note to buy that next time I go for supplies.  The picture below was yellow and white mixed together.


Title: Vines


By doing both I was able to practice different techniques.  Boxed In allowed me to practice painting solid shapes and having their borders be where I wanted them to be as opposed to my first ever painting.  Vines was practicing drawing lines like last week's painting and curls.

I think next week I am going to paint these onto actual canvas.

No comments:

Post a Comment