Saturday, December 25, 2010

Change of Pace

Just to get things started, I am not an artist by any means.  In fact, I am in graduate school right now for science.  This blog will be about my entry into creating artwork for my own entertainment.  Specifically, I am going to start doing some canvas painting.  

Why the sudden interest?  Well, grad school, particularly this past semester has been rough on me.  I think it would be nice to be able to do something creative as opposed to constant math, thesis research, and SAS compiling (SAS = statistical analysis software).  I have a feeling it may reduce some stress I am feeling by doing something that I want to do as opposed to something I have to do.  I am starting from scratch.  I have no art materials with the exception of sketch paper and no background in the area. 

Why start a blog about it?  Partly because I'm interesting in blogging as I no longer keep a diary and it will be interesting to see myself progress through time.  Also,  to potentially get some pointers from those who have an artistic background who would like to offer free advice as I know this, particularly improving will not be easy especially without formal teaching.  Also, to see if someone who has been educated in the sciences can create a niche for themselves in art and seeing if any science skills can also be applied to art.

So with that background, I plan on getting some supplies this week after some internet research and beginning my adventure within the next couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment